Mineral Rights Glossary of Terms – Mineral Rights Definition
Are you looking for a mineral rights definition? Ferrari Energy takes pride in providing landowners with educational resources surrounding mineral rights. Explore our glossary of terms, below:
Mineral Rights Glossary
According to the Oxford Dictionaries, a basin is:
- “a circular or oval valley or natural depression on the earth’s surface, especially one containing water.”
- In the mineral rights industry, basins are often the source of mineral-rich deposits, such as oil and gas.
According to Merriam-Webster, a landowner is:
- “a person who owns land”
- At Ferrari Energy, we work with landowners who own mineral acres on or under their property.
- A legally-binding contract that contains the terms and conditions for developing land.
- A lease agreement typically outlines mineral interest payments, effective date range and additional information about the land, minerals and royalties.
- A measurement of mineral interest expressed as one acre of land.
- Contact Ferrari Energy if you’re not quite sure how to value mineral rights using mineral acres.
- A document that indicates the completion of a transaction with mineral rights ownership belonging to the buyer.
- Get in touch with Ferrari Energy if you need help locating a mineral deed for your land.
According to the USLegal.com:
- “Refers to a possessor’s interest over the minerals buried in the property.”
- Gas, minerals or oil that resides below the surface.
- An individual or entity, typically the landowner, that is listed on a mineral deed as the current owner of mineral interests.
- Are you a mineral owner interested in learning how to sell mineral rights? Contact Ferrari Energy to get started!
According to BHC.edu:
- “Minerals are defined as naturally occurring, inorganic, solids with a definite chemical composition and a regular, internal crystalline structure.”
- Ferrari Energy helps landowners earn royalties on minerals that reside below the surface, such as oil and gas deposits.
- Deposits are generally categorized as a gas or oil well.
- When selling mineral rights, the current and historical production can affect the royalties (e.g.; producing vs. non-producing).
- The agent authorized under purchase and sales agreement to convert, market, trade or transport the oil.
- As mineral rights purchasers — also known as mineral rights buyers — Ferrari Energy pays mineral owners for the sale of mineral interests.
Purchase and Sales Agreement
- A contract, also known as PSA, required by law to outline each party’s obligations to the transaction.
- When you work with Ferrari Energy, our team manages virtually every aspect of your mineral rights transactions.
According to Investor Words:
- “An individual or company who is in the market and displays some evidence of being financially able to buy a home or property within a specific price range.”
- Request a consultation from Ferrari Energy when you’re ready to enter into a mineral rights sale.
According to the Cornell Law School:
- “A form of compensation based on a percentage of revenue or unit sales generated under an agreement, typically a patent or copyright licensing contract.”
- The expert team at Ferrari Energy is here to help you sell oil and gas royalties for the highest possible value.
- The process by which a landowner determines if she / he owns the mineral rights found on the property without any legal restriction, lien or levy.
- Title verification enables landowners to answer the questions, “do I own the mineral rights to my property?“